Hi Bold Bakers!
Sweet, simple, and chock full of coconut flavor, this coconut cream cheese pound cake is mind-blowing! I know, no one usually calls a pound cake mind-blowing. Usually, they’re “good,” maybe second-serving worthy, but mind-blowing?
YES! My homemade coconut cream cheese pound cake recipe is dense, moist, and buttery. The cream cheese makes sure that it isn’t too buttery, adds a nice little tang, and helps keep the cake moist.
But my favorite part of this recipe is the texture. It’s different from a typical pound cake because of the shredded coconut throughout. It really changes the game when it comes to pound cakes! Changing up a recipe that’s been around since the 1700s? I call that a win!
This recipe makes a large cake, so please don’t be alarmed by the amount of sugar! It’s a cake to share! And if you’re looking for more pound cake, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with my Sour Cream Pound Cake, Vanilla Pound Cake with Lots of Sprinkles, and Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake recipes
What Is Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake?
Coconut cream cheese pound cake is a pound cake that’s simply made with cream cheese, coconut extract, and unsweetened shredded coconut, all to add flavor, moistness, and texture.
Did you know pound cake got its name because it was originally made with one pound each of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour? That’s a pretty simple recipe—and had to have been a HUGE cake!
What You Need To Make My Coconut Pound Cake
How To Make Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake
This is a great recipe to whip up when you need a quick, easy dessert to impress. Especially if you love coconut! Here is how you make it (and don’t forget to get the full recipe with measurements, on the page down below):
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Butter and flour your bundt pan and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until it is light and fluffy, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut extract and vanilla extract, then the eggs, one at a time, until it is all fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Then, fold in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and spread it evenly. Bake the pound cake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. It’s a big cake, so it will take some time to bake!
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before inverting it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. (Or check out my tips for other delicious topping options!)
Gemma’s Pro Chef Tips For Making Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Be sure to butter and flour your bundt pan very well so the cake releases easily.
- Whenever you make cakes, it’s always best to have all the ingredients at room temperature. It makes for the most even mixing and yields the best rise.
- A simple dusting of powdered sugar always works nicely with pound cake, but you can also make a coconut glaze! Mix 1 cup (4oz/115g) of powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract. Drizzle on top and add extra coconut shreds while still wet.
- Serve this with whipped cream and diced, fresh pineapple and mango for a tropical getaway in dessert form!
- Make a Bounty Bar-inspired cake by generously drizzling the pound cake with homemade chocolate ganache!
How Do I Store Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake?
Leftover pound cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze this cake for up to 2 months!
Make More Cake & Puddings!
And don’t forget to buy my Bigger Bolder Baking Cookbook!
Full (and printable) recipe below!